Big Mike’s 2 Cents: Best Films of 2012on 2013/01/24 at 4:03 AM
I didn’t see every film that came out last year, but I saw quite a lot of them. There was much fun to be had in theaters in 2012. Reviews and synopses for all of these films are readily available online; I’m just offering my recommendations. The films I most enjoyed last year:
6. Chronicle “I’m an apex predator!”
5. Safety Not Guaranteed “I don’t know, I’m not a freakin’ stormtrooper.” (Now available via Netflix Streaming.)
4. Moonrise Kingdom “I love you, but you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
3. Disney’s Marvel’s The Avengers “That’s my secret, Cap: I’m always angry.”
2. Django Unchained “His approval would be a dubious proposition at best.”
1. The Cabin In The Woods “It was the pioneer days; people had to make their own interrogation rooms.”
Klown (Now available via Netflix Streaming.)
Compliance (Now available via Netflix Streaming.)
Better than Anticipated:
Testing the Thin Line Between Love & Hate:
Prometheus: Could there be anything better than the creator of Alien returning to the franchise? Could there be anything worse than future scientists with a remedial 2nd grade education?
Looper: I was really enjoying the ride, until it arrived at its destination.
I was really looking forward to these and it turned out, I didn’t like them.
The Master: Huge fan of Paul Thomas Anderson’s work. I got it– I just didn’t enjoy sitting through it.
The Dark Knight Rises: A Batman movie without The Bat-Man.
Am I off my nut?
Did I miss any?
How does my list compare to yours?